Use the Berks County Property Tax Calculator. County, Township, Borough and School Millage Updated 2/10/2017
To find the tax assessment for a Berks County property click here Berks County Assessment Parcel Search. Once there you will be able to search the property by owner name, address, map pin or property ID. For more information visit the Berks County Assessment Office web page.
I have written several articles relating to the subject of property taxes and how they affect Reading, PA and Berks County. Click on the links below to read the articles.
- Thoughts About the Berks Property Tax Appeal Process
- PA Common Level Ratio Change and Your Property Taxes
- PA Senate Bill 1285 ~ Will it Solve the Property Tax Issue in Pennsylvania
- Berks County Property Taxes – Plan “B”
- How High Property Tax Affects Seller Credit
- Will 2017 Bring Property Tax Reform in Pennsylvania?
- Berks County Real Estate Property Tax Update
- Once Again, Pennsylvania Left at the Property Tax Reform Altar
- Berks County, PA ~ Are Our Lawmakers Baking a Blight Cake
- Property Tax Paradox in Berks County-Part 3
If you believe that your Berks County Property tax Assessment is higher than it should be you have the right to appeal it. Visit the Berks County Assessment Appeals Notice website for more information on this subject.
I helped Berks County property owners with their tax assessment appeals for over 10 years. In my humble opinion, the Berks County Tax Assessment Bureau no longer looks kindly on real estate agents assisting sellers with their appeals. For this reason, I no longer offer my services in this capacity. I believe sellers have a better chance of successfully appealing their property taxes by hiring an attorney or doing the appeal themselves with the assistance of a certified appraiser.
Remember… Lower Property Taxes Means Higher Property Value!
Knowledge is Power!